Email Shop
Email Parts
Contact Info
1-336-969-0110

tagged Comments
Saft Nife Corp

Posted by Robert Dziura on Monday, July 28 2014

Hello,

I am attempting to restore a late 90's early 00's GEM 48 volt electric car. Needless to say, it is in pretty bad shape. I don't want to go any further until I can at least get the powertrain working correctly. I don't have a key to make sure the ignition circuit works either. I am trying to probe back the wiring to "jump" the system into thinking there is a key. My biggest issue is attempting to get the batteries charged. All four batteries are dead as a door nail. I am trying to manually recharge them one at a time. I may have to get them reconditioned to even get a charge. I have a cd with all the GEM parts/repair/troubleshooting manuals on it. I have went through the troubleshooting procedures and can't seem to get the power supply to "kick" on. I did discover that the system has to maintain a "minimum" voltage for the charger to even notice that the batteries are even there. I am a computer/electronics technician and repair many sensitive electronics myself. Since I am limited in my ability to find a viable schematic, I cannot move forward. I did, however, remove the power supply and inspect the internal components. I disassembled the unit and discovered a damaged component. It appears to be some type of double sided magnet that is meshed together from both sides. I am not exactly sure what the magnets are for or if they are even magnets at all- maybe heatsinks? There are traces around the component but I am unsure of what they do, maybe a filter choke or some type of magnetic field perhaps? I wanted to find someone with the expertise to troubleshoot the unit properly. I looked online for a replacement but their very expensive and I am not sure if it is even the correct replacement. Parts are rare and expensive. This project is definitely getting over my head!

The model number is the following:

SMPS 48v/15a

serial# pre production #1413

Battery Type: Lead Acid

Manufacturer: Safe Nife Corporation

AC Volts In: 120

AC Amps In: 12

DC Volts Out: 48

DC Amps Out Max: 15

The vehicle sat for over a decade exposed to the elements. I am fairly certain that the weather over the years contributed to the damaged components.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Robert J. Dziura

Current thread:

Currently there are no responces to this post.

Suggested Tagged Message

View Tagged Message

Return Home
to Saft Nife Corp Repair

*Tagged Manufactures Saft Nife Corp.

*Tagged List
Need to get your
Saft Nife Corp. Repaired?
Quickly Hire our Service Dept
to do the work for you!

Credit Application Form
Free Estimate

Contact Shop 1-336-969-0110

If you need your Saft Nife Corp. unit tested or repaired
then give us a call at 1-336-969-0110.
We give fair estimates and offer a extended warranty on repairs of Saft Nife Corp. units.

Reply to the Message Below!
OLD Topic: Repair of Saft Nife Corp. Saft Nife Corp
Your name:
Valid Email Address Required:
Phone Number:
Your Location:
Subject:
Comment about
Saft Nife Corp:
You can contact us at 1-(336)-969-0110
We are open Monday to Saturday from 9am till 6pm EST
and yes the technicians & engineers work on Saturday!

Recent Questions

• A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M  
  • N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z  

• Disclaimer: This website is not sanctioned or approved by any manufacturer listed.
    "Industrial Electronic Repair" is not an authorized distributor or representative
    for the listed manufacturers or tradenames.

Teijin Seiki Servo Drive
    Teijin Seiki

NSK Servo Drive
    NSK

Etasis Power Supply
    Etasis

Vickers Servo Drive Repair

Nikki Denso Servo Drive Repair

Board Repair
    Forum
    Parts

Hosted by